The Mountain Heritage Hotel & Spa Retreat operates in a multi- discipline environment, providing catering & accommodation services to a diverse range of clients who have different needs and wants.
We strive to provide our services using resources which create minimum impact on the environment and help reduce our carbon footprint.
Our approach is guided by our commitment to the following principles: Leadership, learning, transparency, inclusivity, persistence & continuous improvement.
We recognise climate change, recycling, water & energy conservation, health & safety and financial sustainability.
1. Minimise our environmental impacts in the areas of: waste, water, energy & air quality.
2. Engage with our supply chain to encourage responsible environmental practices.
3. Create innovative approaches to minimise negative environmental impacts.
4. Recognise and reward our staff to facilitate an optimal performance and who provide positive contributions to our sustainability goals.
5. Ensure safe work practices.
6. Regularly review our sustainability policies and performance to ensure compliance with legislation.
7. Implement affordable options which help reduce our carbon footprint, enhance our brand image and improve our financial bottom line.
The Mountain Heritage Hotel & Spa Retreat
Mountain Heritage Sustainability Policy 1 December 2013